I have been involved with people with disability since 1993 in a personal capacity and since then I have also had a vast experience of working in different roles in a professional capacity within the disability sector.
I am a passionate believer in Individuals and their families Self Directing or Self Managing their own supports and having that grass roots control over their lives and destiny. You Select Recruitment was created specifically for people with disabilities who Self-Direct and are looking for assistance with the where and how of sourcing of workers.
- Have been a parent of a child with a disability.
- Successfully completed a Diploma of Human and Community Services.
- Social Role Valorisation Course (1995 & 2009)
- Committee member of Link Family Scheme.
- Committee member of P.A.I.J.E. Parents Advocating for Inclusion, Justice and Equity.
- Employment experience:
- Support Worker and Office Support at Spiral Inc.
- Night time Personal Care Attendant at MACS Inc.
- Coordinator of Day Program at Windgap Foundation.
- Coordinator of temporary emergency at Staffing OptionS.
- Individual Advocate at People With Disabilities.
- Individual Advocate at Queensland Parents for People with Disability.
- Contract Advocate at Complaints Resolution and Referral Service (CRRS)
- Contract Advocate at National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline.